After a break for the holidays I’m back! I hope you’ve all had a wonderful festive season and a very happy new year.
I got thoroughly spoilt at Christmas and for my birthday with a load of new books*. Check it out!
I’ve already finished reading Redshirts, Crucible of Gold and Blood of Tyrants and I think I’m going to start on The Rest of Us Just Live Here next. Who’s excited to read all these? Me!
This year there’s a few things I’d like to accomplish and a few things I’d like to get better at.
Here’s my bookish goals
- Read 52 books – towards the end of last year I seemed to hit a bit of a reading block. I had all these fantastic books that I was desperate to read…right up until I picked them up to actually read them. But I’ve read two books in the past two days so I’m thinking that the block may be over!
- Engage more with other book bloggers – I’ve kinda been hiding out in my little corner of the web, reading other people’s brilliant posts but not actually engaging with them in return. So my aim is to comment more on other’s blog posts
- Create a blog post calendar – I didn’t have one of these last year and I could’ve really done with something to keep me on track. I had great intentions…but intentions =/= action
And on a non-bookish front, here are the rest of my goals:
- Cycle to work – I stopped for winter but I really want to start again. I’ve got lights for my bike, a neon vest and a neon rucksack, so other road users should be able to see me from space, no matter what time of year it is
- Have at least one meat-free meal a week
- Set a date for my wedding – I got engaged last November (yay!) and so this year, we really need to think about setting a date
- Move house – I need more space for my books!
So how about you? Did you get any fabulous books for Christmas or have any New Year’s resolutions/goals you’d like to share?
*Here’s a list of the books I was given: Nanny Ogg’s Cookbook, The Compleat Discworld Atlas, Crucible of Gold and Blood of Tyrants by Naomi Novik (books 7 and 8 of the Temeraire series), The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness, Gumption by Nick Offerman, Cinder and Scarlett by Marissa Meyer, Redshirts by John Scalzi, A Darker Shade of Magic by V. E. Schwab, The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson, and The Assassin’s Blade by Sarah J. Maas